Pages

Saturday, 20 March 2010

"It is vain to search for an etymology of Helen's name."

I'm no Helen of Troy, but I'll always be here
To care for you when your face has launched
A thousand ships.


For his touch is all the lust
Of a thousand blooming poppies
Of a thousand burning cities
Of a thousand ships launched
For one beautiful face.

God is Love and Love is War
I will be your Helen of Troy.

Oh, the fatal falter
The ill-fated misstep:
We believe that to love is to bleed,
And thus to breathe freely
We eagerly do the deed:
Your breast - my dagger,
My love.

It tastes of rust
And our pennants are tattered.
The white flag flies high
Yet still the cannons batter.
Love is a bloody battlefield
And neither side will ever yield.

My breast - your dagger,
My love,
For I am not your Helen of Troy.

No comments:

Post a Comment