Nothing yet. Just the trees. Slowly, though, the rain patters down. It's not cold, but neither is it warm. It's...comforting. The moss beneath me is damp, hiding the entire landscape beneath it in a blanket of soft emerald. My arms lie lazily, reaching away from my body, clutching the greenery. My eyes are closed, but I can see everything.
The rain falls haltingly to the earth. The trees around me sway in inexisent wind. No animals disturb my rest. I have no sense of time, direction or feel, but it's beautiful. The gray sky showers more water upon me. There's a part of me that knows this place is too impossible. But the rest of me doesn't care. I'm complete here. The worries of the outside world are forgotten. War, death, illness, poverty. It's all irrelevant compared to what I feel now. This current eternal bliss which will end all too soon.
The rain is slow and deliberate against me skin. The trees climb towards the sky, casting etheral shadows which dance around playfully. I don't want to leave here. It's a safe heaven. Outside, I am prone to the cruel, icy words and opinions of others. Outside, I am aware of other peoples's pains, as well as my own. All too aware.
This is my safe haven. Nothing else matters. This is my heaven. This is where I want to live, where I want to die. With you. I just want my eternal, temporary euphoria. But it's all too soon gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment